Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

American Studies WWII

World War II Rationing
by

Cody Wozniczka

on 21 February 2011

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of American Studies WWII

WWII Rationing American Studies history Cody Wozniczka During WWII, you couldn't walk into a store and buy as much of anything that you wanted Everyone was only allowed to buy a certain amount The reason why the government put rationing into place was because certain materials were in short supply from the war YouTube Video!!! A few items that were restricted to a small amount were..
Tires, Cars, Bicycles, Gasoline, Fuel Oil
and Kerosene, Solid Fuels, Stoves, Rubber Footwear, Shoes, Sugar, Coffee, Processed Foods, Meats, Canned Fish, Cheese, Canned Milk, Fats, and even Typewriters Rationing also had a huge effect on farmers and their equipment as well as the "Every Day Wants and Needs" Almost 75% of steel was used for war needs, the rest on the 25% was going towards the manufacturing of farm equipment http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org/exhibits/events/rationing.htm The government issued "Rationing Tokens" and "Rationing Books" http://www.olive-drab.com/gallery/category_001.php http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org/exhibits/events/rationing.htm http://www.ameshistoricalsociety.org/exhibits/events/rationing.htm Resources: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2TRK0aZZmA http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/02/pride_peer_pres.php Farmers usually took good care of their machines
and learned how to fix or repair them on there own,
since buying new equipment was going to be expensive
and considered "a bad thing to do" in the state of the
economy at the time During WWII, war posters were made to help get support from the common people in America Many posters were quite successful
at getting people involved, take a look at the following... http://www.youtube.com
By TombstoneStoryteller "Homefront America"
by Robert Heide and John Gilman
copywright 1995 by Robert Heid and John Gilman of Chronicle Books San Fransisco "We Pulled Together... And Won!"
from the readers of Reminisce Magazines
Deb Mulvey, Editor
Roy J. Reiman, Publisher Housewives began to sing their own version of The Sugar Blues
"I hate to see,
my sugar go down,
So little white,
and very little brown.." Since most of the food in the United States were going towards feeding the soldiers in the war, there was a great shortage of food supply in America and had to be rationed out.. (SEE LIST), food such as sugar, coffee, processed foods, meats, canned fish, cheese, canned mild, and fats With the help of rationing, the fation trends for women stayed the same, only the materials used to make the clothes were a little different.. Rationing wanted to save at least 15% of yardage that was used to make women's apperal by getting rid of cuffs on sleeves and making hems and belts to two inches 4 gallons of fuel each week 8 gallons of fuel each week Rationing and WWII
both helped get women in the work force WWII POSTERS!!! Ultimately, rationing was very stressful on everyone in the United States, BUT!!! overall, helped greatly for the soldiers in WWII and helped America defeat the Nazis in Germany The End http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1674.html
Full transcript