Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Grow Your Roots
Transcript of Grow Your Roots
What strategies of communication can we use in our church and homes to encourage healthy, strong, deep roots of faith?
Deep Roots, Healthy Tree
How we interact with each other at church and at home will determine how far we will grow in our faith (Deut 6:4-8)
Strong Roots, Lasting Legacy
Our communication with each other must be Real, Relevant, and Regular (1)
Deep Roots, Deeper Faith
Our stories, personal, ancestral, and biblical, coupled with faith in action will "write" God's Word on our hearts (2)
The Story: Give and Take
The metanarrative of Scripture, God's great rescue plan, is a continuing in our lives.
When we connect our kids to God in the everyday, we build faith that lasts (4)
Each member has a voice
Active Listening: Listen to each person's unique voice with intentionality, regardless of age.
Active listening is not just hearing, it's "being fully present"
Active listening says "YOU are an important piece to our plot."
Validation: Letting people know they have been heard
Validation is not agreement, it's acknowledgment
Validation says "YOU are a part of the story!"
The Story: Receiving
Participating in God's Kingdom
- Intentional thematic conversations using Scripture as your guide. Model at church, Reproduce at home.
- Providential daily-life moments where biblical principles come to life. Highlight at church, Reproduce at home.
- Pauses in time to share joy over spiritual growth in a disciple's life. Celebrate at church, Reproduce at home.
The Story: Identity
Who Are We? Forming a "Corporate Identity"
In the business world, this personifies a company
For a family or a church, this explains to us and others who we "are"
When asked to describe their family's faith, youth did not say what the family
; they described what the family
. James 2 (5)
Faith Formation at Church and Home
Ultimately disciples will grow because the Father is on our side. He is
us, He is
our churches and families, and He is
to save to the uttermost.
Ask the Questions:
What is OUR Story?
How are we inviting people into it?
What makes them stay?