Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Independent_graphics_project_presentation_1
By Robb Permison
Recreate the work of Iñigo Quilez featured in the Elevated DemoScene
Create a real-time procedurally generated infinite terrain simulation
What did I just see?
Real-Time Procedurally Generated Infinite Terrain Rendered using:
Fractional Brownian Motion (fBM) for terrain generation
Raymarching for texturing
What did I start with?
What should I end with
So how am I going to get there?
Start with an empty project
Get DirectX up and running
Get my game engine up and running
Get my camera working
Generate terrains using:
Procedural Perlin Noise
Get my Pixel Shaders up and running
Texture my terrain
Add Motion Blur
Where am I now?
Risks (or I haven't even gotten to the hard part yet)
I work a full time job
I've never done DirectX coding
What's this pixel shader thing?
Did you SEE that image? That's CRAZY INSANE good
I might work a full time job, but look where I work
Iñigo Quílez left me a trail of breadcrumbs
Pixel Shaders are well documented
Demosceners like showing off
Let's see a demo