Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Vincent van Gogh
Transcript of Vincent van Gogh
Vincent van Gogh spent only 10 years of his life as an artist, but is known as a leader of modern art today, a fame he would never know, having sold only one painting during his lifetime.
He was born in Holland in 1853 and died in 1890 at the age of 37.
“Ideas for work are coming to me in abundance…I’m going like a painting-locomotive.”—Vincent van Gogh, Arles, on or about September 11, 1888, to Theo van Gogh
“I'm drawing a great deal and think it's getting better.”—Vincent van Gogh, Etten, November 3, 1881, to Theo van Gogh
Theo was Vincent van Gogh's younger brother. They exchanged numerous letters to one another.
Theo van Gogh
“One can speak poetry just by arranging colors well, just as one can say comforting things in music.”—Vincent van Gogh, Arles, on or about November 12, 1888, to Willemien van Gogh
For more quotes, visit http://www.artquotes.net/masters/vangogh_quotes.htm
But how do you really pronounce his name?
Click here: http://www.vggallery.com/misc/vincent_van_gogh.mp3
Vincent's Career and Work Habits
"A place where one could go mad."