Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Website Version of Dementia United - One Year On 'The Journey Continues'
Transcript of Website Version of Dementia United - One Year On 'The Journey Continues'
Making Greater Manchester the best place in the world for dementia care
What Devolution Means
The Greater Manchester Story
Prof Maxine Power
Where Are We Now?
Welcome To Dementia United - The Journey Continues
11.4 million people aged 65 or over in the UK
850,000 have dementia
40% have chronic conditions
o 27% have previously diagnosed dementia o 50% have cognitive impairment
o 27% have delirium
o 24% have possible major depression
o 8% have definite major depression
Older people in Hospital
How do we do?
The Dementia United
1. Improve the Lived Experience
2. Reduce Variation
3. Post Diagnostic Support Model
4. Co-production & Redesign
5. Adoption of Technology
Time for Action!
1. Improve the lived experience for people with dementia and carers
2. Reduce dependance on health and social care
Tameside & Glossop
Rt. Hon Hazel Blears
Elaine Inglesby-Burke, CBE
Continuing to Make Manchester the Best Place in the World to Live With Dementia
Prof. Alistair Burns
How Do We Know?
Do we ask people what it is like to live with dementia?
No current measure exists
Some development work happening
A unique measurement system