Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Moving Towards Low Carbon Farming
Transcript of Moving Towards Low Carbon Farming
Where Did We Come From?
Where Are We Going?
Where Are We Now?
CO2 (Carbon Dioxide) is smallest concern
N2O (Nitrous Oxide) is the strongest GHG
CH4 (Methane) is next on the scale
CO2e (Carbon Dioxide Equivalent)
Government and Policy
2006 Climate Change and Sustainable Energy Act
2008 Climate Change Act
Defra target of decreasing agri-carbon emisssions by 11% by 2020
Recent Tesco announcement
~ 30,000 tonnes of food waste from Jan-June 2013
15 million tonnes of food wasted across UK (2010)
Household food waste alone produces 17 million tonnes of CO2 emissions (and is worth £12bn a year, or £480 per household)
Climate Smart Agriculture
Greenhouse Gas (GHG)
Global Warming Potential (GWP)
Low Carbon Farming (LCF)
Renewable Energy (RE)
(United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change)