Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Web 1.0 and Web 2.0
Transcript of Web 1.0 and Web 2.0
How did Web 2.0 develop in today’s society?
It has helped us to communicate with friends and family all around the world.
In schools,a lot of the important information is stored online and registers for all classes are done online since it is much quicker and organised.
It helps businesses organise documents and keep records of bills, reports, statistics etc.
It has also made traveling easier since you can book everything online.
It also allows student to research and find information easily and also make it easier to present their work.
What are the disadvantages of the elements that Web 2.0 covers?
Web 2.0 allows you to communicate with anyone around the world,including strangers.This means that unknown people can also try taking to you and say bad or mean things to you.
It allows you to store information online however sometimes the place you have saved this information is not secure and hackers can hack into it and get all your information such as address,bank account details and even your credit card!
Web 2.0 also makes people dependant.Student would not be able to do the work properly without using the internet.
It has also made people lazy since they can do everything by just sitting inside the whole day in front of an electronic.
It also has created a new type of bullying,cyber bullying where people bully you online.
What is Web 1.0?
It is the “readable” phrase of the World Wide Web with flat data. In Web 1.0, there is only limited interaction between sites and web users. Web 1.0 is simply an information portal where users passively receive information without being given the opportunity to post reviews, comments, and feedback.It consists of static web pages with hardly any room for interacting.
What is Web 2.0?
It is the “writable” phrase of the World Wide Web with interactive data. Unlike Web 1.0, Web 2.0 facilitates interaction between web users and sites, so it allows users to interact more freely with each other. Web 2.0 encourages participation, collaboration, and information sharing. Examples of Web 2.0 applications are Youtube, Wiki, Flickr, Facebook, and so on.
What kind of people use Web 2.0?
Web 2.0 can be used by many different kinds of people, such as business men, women, kids, teens and even adults.
- Business men – They use it to advertise their business, to communicate with their staff and to make everything in their business smooth and organized.
- Women :They use it to chat with friends, message their children and to help them do things in their everyday lives.
- Kids :They use it to research for homework, to play games when they are free and to talk to their friends online,and even read books electronically.
- Adults : Adults use to research, find interesting places, book tickets for holiday trips etc.
What are the benefits /advantages of using the elements that Web 2.0 covers?
Web 2.0 is the more advanced and better version of Web 1.0. The advantages of Web 2.0 are that it allows you to communicate with people more easily.
You can talk to someone on the other side of the world or do homework with your friend,all without leaving the room.
It allows students to do homework more easily since it is much easier to research and also present your work.
International calls are very expensive however if you have Wifi,Web 2.0 allows yo to actually video chat with the person even though they are thousand s of miles away from you.
What is the difference between Web 1.0 and Web 2.0?
Web 1.0, consists of static web pages with hardly any interaction.However in Web 2.0,you can interact with people on the internet and you can comment on websites and communicate with anyone around the world.Web 2.0 also makes it easier for you to research since you can search for websites using search engines like Google,whereas in Web 1.0,you could only read what was there and you could not search for things..
Which elements of Web 2.0 suit your needs as a student?
Now we are going to talk about two things that Web 2.0 allows us to do...
Commenting on Posts
Sharing Pictures on Instagram
This is how Web 2.0 has affected our daily lives...What would we do without it?
Thank You !
As a student,Web 2.0 allows me to research for projects very easily.
It also allows me to present my work in an unique and interesting way.
Web 2.0 also allows me to do group projects with my friends when I am at home because we can communicate via email,video chatting or even messaging.
Commenting on a post is when on Facebook or,Yahoo Answers or other such websites,you comment on the person's question or picture or whatever they have posted.
- It allows you to see other people's opinion on what you have posted.
- If its a question, it gives you an answer and helps you.
- You get advice and reviews of what you have done and you know how to improve it.
- Anyone can comment and that means that people can also say mean things to you and bully you.
- The internet allows you to be anonymous which is why people can also pretend to be someone else and try to hurt you and make you feel upset.
Instagram is a place where you can share pictures of things and yourself.If people know the name you are using they can send you a friend request and follow you.If they follow you they can see anything you post.
- Instagram allows you to tell people what you are doing even when you and your friends are not together at the same place.
- It allows you to store your memories and it allows you to save pictures and you can always go back and see them.
- If you accept a friend request from a stranger they can see everything you post and eventually find out things about you like your school,address and other things in your personal life.
- They can also bully you and say mean things to you and use things on you profile as evidence.
Examples of Web 2.0