Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
A Retrieved Reformation
Transcript of A Retrieved Reformation
- He continues to rob banks, and keep living his normal lifestyle - Moves to Elmore, Arkansas
- Opens his own store
- Meets Annabelle
- Getting married - Goes to a bank
- Agatha gets locked in a safe
- People start to panic Falling Action Resolution/Conclusion - Jimmy decides to open the safe
- He opens the safe - Ben acts like he doesn't know Jimmy - Ben does not arrest Jimmy This is a short story about a safe cracker named Jimmy Valentine who is released from prison. He then moves to Elmore and starts out a whole new life for himself. This will be explained better in detail in different sections. "Now Valentine," said the warden, "you'll go out
in the morning. Brace up, and make a man of
yourself. You're not a bad fellow at heart..." "May, the nine-year old girl, in a spirit
of play, had shut Agatha in the vault." Setting - The setting takes place sometime in the 1900's
- It takes place in Elmore, Arkansas
- A prison
- Also a bank "The Elmore Bank had just put in a new safe and vault." Protagonist - The protagonist is a man name Jimmy Valentine
who is recently released from prison, and is ready
to start a new life - He is known for cracking safes - He had a suit with squeaky shoes "He had on a suit of villainously fitting, ready- made clothes and a pair of stiff, squeaky shoes..." Antagonist - Ben price is the Antagonist Supporting Character - The supporting character is Annabel Adams
- She doesn't change really throughout the story
and she is the wife of Jimmy
- She is very kind and loving to Jimmy "She lowered her eyes and colored slightly." Conflict and Resolution - Person vs Society- Jimmy is trying to fight against society and escape his career of safe cracking, and live a straight life
- Person vs Self- Jimmy doesn't know what to do with his life, he fight wit himself to make the right decisions Theme - People may do some wrongs in their life,
but they can always get a second chance, and make things right. POV - The point of view of the story is third
person limited - He is a policeman who keeps an eye on Jimmy and tries to keep him out of trouble - He has a good heart as well "Jimmy Valentine put on his coat, and walked outside the railings toward the front door." Video Wow Factor