Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
DT Specific-purpose Container
Transcript of DT Specific-purpose Container
Available timber is solid pine or maple - 140 mm wide by 19 mm thick, and 140 mm wide by 12 mm thick. 3 mm and 6 mm MDF board is also available (e.g. for base).
Optimum use must be made of the timber you are given, to keep wastage to a minimum.
The design must incorporate rebate joints for the corner construction.
A standard size will be used in order to cut the rebate joint using a router, the size and shape of your box can then be changed.
Final design, including Materials Cutting List, is to be completed by Week 10.
Both the written folio report and your Specific-Purpose Container are to be ready for assessment by the Due Date. Constraints Research on:
Rebate Joints A rebate joint is a type of joint which has a groove cut out of one of the ends to ensure that the joint has an increased strength.
In the circumstances where more durability and strength is required, nails, screws or dowels can be used. Left: An example of a rebate joint.