Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to E-Commerce - Chapter 1 pt. 2
Transcript of Introduction to E-Commerce - Chapter 1 pt. 2
Types of E-Commerce
trends in e-commerce and social e-commerce
e-commerce vs e-business
features/benefits of e-commerce
web 1.0 and web 2.0
2011 - $310 bn
Largest form of e-commerce
3.3 Trillion transactions in US
consumers sell to each other
2011 - $80 bn
users share files
no intermediary required
use of wireless device for transactions
lets that a closer look at b2c ...
Are there potential limitations with B2C?
You need special skills
People like traditional ways
No PCs, Cells, or TV services is some places
lets take a closer look at b2b ...
10 times the size of b2c
2015 projected to be about $4.4 tr.
Write a definition you can understand within your groups (15 min)
Has E-commerce been a success or a failure?
sometimes are prices lower but sometimes sold below cost
sometimes prices are higher than in-store because of shipping
´hit and run´and ´bait and switch´pricing
Are transactions efficient (as expected)?
overall transaction cost remains high
customers still have many questions
questions send people to the store or to the phone
Middlemen were able to transfrom
how? bringing info, products, services into portals and search engines
i.e. Yahoo, MSN, and Amazon
First Mover Advantage?
´fast-follower´firms established better support systems
most - out of business
The ´e´in E-Commerce does not mean ´Easy´
What does the future hold for E-commerce?
technology will continue to grow
prices will rise to cover costs
margins will rise and mirror typical retailers
players will change
number of successful pure OLC will remain small
Regulations will continue to grow
Chapter 1 Homework:
In your own words
- Describe the 3 major themes underlying the study of e-commerce.
2. Define ¨Social E-Commerce¨ and describe why it is a new form of advertising, search, and commerce?
3. Search the Web for an example of each of the five major types of e-commerce described in Section 1.1. Create an electronic presentation, and explain why it fits into one of the five types of e-commerce.