Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Farming and Populism 3.3
Transcript of Farming and Populism 3.3
Would you take advantage of the Homestead Act?
Settling the Plains
Who was allowed to take part in the Homestead Act?
Who are Exodusters?
Which immigrants moved there? (Name a few.)
End of the Frontier
Why did people rush to Oklahoma?
Who were the former occupants of this land?
How did this all end the frontier?
MAKE SURE YOU TURN IN ANY HOMEWORK TO THE APPROPRIATE DRAWER.
Grab a 3.2 map activity worksheet from the back table. You have 18 minutes to complete this. You can work with a buddy. Happy Friday!
The Great Plains were becoming
more "tamed" for new settlers to move to and live. How do you think the land was more "tame"?
What would farmers plant instead?
Agricultural Supply and Demand
Study the line graph on pg. 103
What is supply?
What happened to the price of wheat as the supply increased?
How do you think farmers were affected?