Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Talk for Writing INSET
Transcript of Talk for Writing INSET
(Please sit with your year group)
First things first:
This is new to us all and we're all in it together!
Talk for Writing
Getting yourself and your classroom environment ready (The 'non-negotiables')
The Pineapple That Spoke
The New Curriculum
Learning objectives & expectations
(It's hard to find papayas!)
There is a bank of loads of Pi Corbett texts for KS1 and KS2 on the system in:
Teachers/literacy/primary writing project/resources
The story will be introduced to the school in Friday's assembly
Learn the text
Set up your classroom environment (the Non-Negotiables)
All classrooms need:
1. A 'Writers' Toolkit' display
2. A washing line for story maps and flipchart pages
3. A literacy working wall updated regularly
4. Connectives photographs
All planning will follow the Talk for Writing stages and will need to have equal coverage of spelling, punctuation, text structure and grammar. We'll look at this in detail tomorrow.
These work like success criteria for reading and writing the text and should be developed by you and the children throughout the unit with examples.
They should include:
1. Vocabulary and spelling
3. Text structure
Each year group has specific connectives that they should be learning and using. These are detailed in the RKPS tracker which we'll look at tomorrow.
In addition, we'll be focusing on any connectives that come up in the texts we're working on.
We'll be building photograph banks of children demonstrating the connective actions, which will be displayed in classrooms and will move up through the school with each class.
Things to do in the first few literacy sessions:
Learn actions for connectives and take photographs
Carry out a 'cold writing' task
Draw a class story map
Start learning the story
Key actions and signs from the Papaya that spoke:
Once upon a time
Farmer (This one's for Jodie!)
All classes need to be:
1. Dropping Everything and Reading at 3:00
2. Doing a rhyme/poem of the day/week after lunch
3. Big writing during Target Time