Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Achieving a Readable Style CLASSROOM
Transcript of Achieving a Readable Style CLASSROOM
Precise Word Choice
using the right word increases clarity
What do you think/feel?
We want to avoid negative connotations
Emphasize what is rather than what isn't
In response to your question about how many coats of Chem-Treat are needed to cover new surfaces:
How do we achieve a readable, professional style of writing?
Achieving a Readable Style Part II
Precise Word Choice: Connotations
Now we're getting into the word level
refers to thoughts and feelings associated with words
what something can do rather than can't do
I'm happy to report that usually two coats succeed in protecting new surfaces.
I regret to report that usually two are required.
Try it out...
What is the writer's #1 Goal?
See Connotation Worksheet
For Sunday 10/9: Communication Final Drafts
For Next Week: Read Chapter 7