Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Media Influence On Children PPT
Transcript of Media Influence On Children PPT
Vulnerability of Children
Portrayal of Food
Attraction of Children Attention
Negative impacts on Children
Influence of the Media Exposure to food advertisement: Increase food consumption & hunger
Audiences are most commonly exposed to food advertisements
Yearly, audience view 1000s of TV advertisements Vulnerability of Children Towards Media Influence Children are most influenced
Able to get their parents to purchase the advertised products
Children are too naive to infer the underlying message in advertisements How Food is Portrayed in the Media Different mediums such as:
TV-Commercials/ Radio/ Posters/ Magazines/ Bill-boards/ Online Ads The pictures used in advertising make the food look better than reality How Food is Portrayed in the Media How Food is Portrayed in the Media Advertisers make it seem as though their products is the best, by exaggerating the greatness of their products How Food is Portrayed in the Media Mixed signals in the portrayal of food in TV & Magazines
Audience are exposure to images pertaining to junk food & thin models at the same time
Thus, creating a state of confusion among these audiences How it Attracts Children's Attention Fast-food
Kid's meal - Give toys as complements
Popular movies incorporated into advertising campaigns
- Cartoon characters on food product packaging
- Language Responses of Children Towards these Advertising Gimmicks Appealing music coupled with any products from advertisements result in prominent sales effect
Children pester their parents to buy the advertised food
- E.g. Latest creations shown in advertisements Negative Impacts on Children Health Related Issues:
- Heart Disease
- Hepatic Steatosis
- Sleep Apnea Solutions Limit TV Watching < 2Hrs/day
Provide parental guidance on advertising gimmicks
Encourage children to participate in other fulfilling activities
Set good examples when choosing food Conclusion Media is not entirely to blame for these negative impacts on children
Parents also have the responsibility to supervise & educate their children
Instill in them the notion of maintaining a healthy lifestyles THANK YOU!