Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
History of Microbiology
Transcript of History of Microbiology
Spontaneous Generation Debate
Redi decomposition 1668
Pasteur sour wine problem 1857
Fleming antibiotic 1928
Chinese samllpox inoculation 1000
Robert Hooke cells 1665
van Leeuwenhoek microscope 1678
Needham broth 1748
Spallanzani sealed flask 1765
Lavoisier periodic table 1778
Jenner smallpox vaccine 1796
Semmelweis handwashing 1840
Virchow Biogenesis theory 1858
Pasteur swan neck flask 1861
developed aseptic technique
Lister antiseptic surgery 1867
Koch germ theory 1884
Gram stain 1884
Petri dish 1887
Stanley virus 1935
Watson & Crick double helix 1953
disproved spontaneous generation
Winogradsky column 1887
Sanger DNA sequencing 1977
Cohen & Boyer recombinant DNA 1973
Brock Taq polymerase 1969
Mullis PCR 1983