Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Elements of Poetry
Transcript of Copy of Elements of Poetry
as if it were something else. An extended metaphor
develops the comparison
throughout an entire poem. Personification
gives human qualities
o something nonhuman. Her eyes were saucers, wide with expectation. The clarinets sang. Similes
use like or as
to compare two unlike things. The icy water felt like stinging bees. Sound devices add a musical quality to poetry. Alliteration
is the repetition of consonant sounds
at the beginnings of words,
as in feathered friends. Repetition
is the repeated use
of a sound, word, or phrase. Onomatopoeia
is the use of words
that imitate sounds
like Pow! Rhyme
is the repetition of sounds at the ends
of words-thin skin. Rhythm
is the pattern of strong and weak beats,
as well as pauses, in a poem.
Rhythm in music and in poetry are similar. Elements of Poetry Metaphors
Similes Enjoy It!!