Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Public Speaking 101
Transcript of Public Speaking 101
Know Your Material
- Pick a topic you are interested in.
- Know more about it than you include in your speech.
- Use humor, personal stories and conversational language – that way you won’t easily forget what to say.
Practice. Practice. Practice!
- Rehearse out loud with all equipment you plan on using.
- Revise as necessary.
- Work to control filler words; Practice, pause and breathe.
- Practice with a timer and allow time for the unexpected.
Visualize yourself giving your speech.
- Imagine yourself speaking, your voice loud, clear and confident.
- Visualize the audience clapping – it will boost your confidence.
...for any nervousness or problem – the audience probably never noticed it.
Concentrate on the message
Not the medium
Focus your attention away from your own anxieties and concentrate on your message and your audience.
- Mainly, your speech should represent you — as an authority and as a person.
- Experience builds confidence, which is the key to effective speaking.