Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Public Speaking 101
Transcript of Public Speaking 101
Know Your Material
- Pick a topic you are interested in.
- Know more about it than you include in your speech.
- Use humor, personal stories and conversational language – that way you won’t easily forget what to say.
Practice. Practice. Practice!
- Rehearse out loud with all equipment you plan on using.
- Revise as necessary.
- Work to control filler words; Practice, pause and breathe.
- Practice with a timer and allow time for the unexpected.
Visualize yourself giving your speech.
- Imagine yourself speaking, your voice loud, clear and confident.
- Visualize the audience clapping – it will boost your confidence.
...for any nervousness or problem – the audience probably never noticed it.
Concentrate on the message
Not the medium
Focus your attention away from your own anxieties and concentrate on your message and your audience.
- Mainly, your speech should represent you — as an authority and as a person.
- Experience builds confidence, which is the key to effective speaking.