Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
mood and tone of the watsons go to birmingham
Transcript of mood and tone of the watsons go to birmingham
kenny's mood was nervous, his tone was anxious
mood and tone, (kenny) )
mood and tone (quotes)
"Man, Momma is
about that conk. But we're still
why she's so
. This quote might give us a clue. The family traits that she and Dad have passed on to the kids seem very important to her. Perhaps she's
by the fact that Byron
his own Watson family hair enough to ruin it with chemicals. Perhaps this conk of Byron's feels sort of like a rejection to the family—or to their racial background.
Can you sympathize with how Momma feels, or do you think she's overreacting?" pg.88
nervous, scared, helpless
mood and tone
"shoot you think im
of them squares?" pg.91
Byron had just turned thirteen so he was officially a teenage juvenile delinquent and didn't think it was "cool" to touch anybody or let anyone touch him pg.2