Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Men's clothing in Han Dynasty -The color
Transcript of Men's clothing in Han Dynasty -The color
(206 BC - 220 AD)
Western Han Dynasty (the first 200 years)
The dark style of Qin Dynasty continues
The court dress was black
Formal dress was edged
Eastern Han Dynasty
Red became the most respectful color. Red symbolized the "five virtue" in Han Dynasty.
Government officials dress their colors according to seasons
Gray-green for spring; red for summer; yellow for autumn; black for winter
Five elements & clothing colors in ancient China
Color of clothing is an important element in ancient China. Why?
The five element theory developed as a fundamental belief of Taoism
The element-to-color relationships are: black for water, fire for red, wood for green, metal for white, and earth for yellow
Thank you & Hope you enjoyed the presentation!