Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Think to Prepare, Focus to Perform
Transcript of Think to Prepare, Focus to Perform
Minimal sensory experience
Not necessarily present
Learning / understanding
Analytic Thought and Logic
Full sensory experience
Fully present *
Holistic Doing and Intuition
"doing the same thing
over and over again,
- Albert Einstein
Rethinking your Training -
2 critical questions
1. What factors most often interfere with your performance?
2. Do your current training efforts focus on eliminating these sources of interference?
High Performance Athletes Agree...
Common sources of interference
- Too much
_ Not enough
La Relève Camp
"Think to Prepare, Focus to Perform"
Presented by Kyle Paquette
Interference with a trained motor skill (no feel?)
What thoughts are key in preparing
for the successful performance (and
decision-making process) of your
Effective think boxes are:
What focus cue (sensory experience)
allows you to effectively perform
your upcoming shot?
Effective play boxes require:
- Full immersion
- Sustained immersion
* Deliberate/mindful practice
If I'm not 100% committed, I will:
Being present occurs when you
experience, through one of your
five senses, something that is
happening in the now
Occurs subconsciously and
infrequently in competition
PRESHOT ROUTINE -
PRESHOT ROUTINE -
THANK YOU FOR YOUR
DURING THE PRESENTATION!