Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fall 2014 Paying for College Night Presentation
Transcript of Fall 2014 Paying for College Night Presentation
a UHEAA presentation
for federal aid
and tell you
After the FAFSA...
I accept my awards!
lost a job
Financial aid office,
how can I help you?
Must file the FAFSA
Should I file the FAFSA?
Must have financial need
Pell Grant (federal)
up to $5,730
Relevant work experience
Apply by filing the FAFSA!
what you need!
Know your terms: Interest rate?
This is Morgan.
Applied for: 25
"The more applications you
fill out and submit, the greater your odds of receiving something."
Advice: "Most importantly, start early. Use your better judgment in selecting those scholarships for which you should apply, but apply for as many as you feel may pay off."
This is Brady.
Applied for: 10
"What you put into getting scholarships is what you will get out of it. Scholarships won't come find you."
Advice: "I took the ACT seven times and improved my score by seven points...look at it as a game that can be mastered."
Example: Nordstrom Scholarship
1. Find out about it
2. See if you're eligible
3. Do the work
4. Send it in!