Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Is Cheerleading a Sport?
Transcript of Is Cheerleading a Sport?
Worlds is the largest cheerleading competition and teams must be invited to go. Competitions Physical Activity Proving the requirements Logos Claim: Based on The Women's Sport Foundation Requirements and the dictionary definition,
Cheerleading is a sport. What is a Sport? Counterargument Lindsay Freeman
12/4/12 Is Cheerleading a Sport? There is a large list of rules given by the AACCA and USASF that control the level and difficulty of stunts based on the team for safety reasons. Stunting and Tumbling Requirements to be a Sport:
• It must be a physical activity which involves propelling a mass through space or overcoming the resistance of mass.
• “Contesting” or competing against/with an opponent is required
• It must be governed by rules that explicitly define the time, space, and purpose of the contest and the conditions under which a winner is declared.
• Acknowledgment that the primary purpose of the competition is a comparison of the relative skills of the participants. People say that Cheerleading is not a sport because it is not in the olympics. ("cheer4") ("cheerleading-ydahmb") (Klutch Images) Rebuttal Cheerleading is being considered as a future Olympic Sport but it also has a World Championship competition every year where teams come from all over to compete against the best of the best. Concession I agree with the fact that not all cheerleading teams are athletic and competitive. There are spirit cheer teams for that reason and they are considered a club. Pathos After winning a huge game or loosing a champion ship, every team gets very emotional. This happens in cheerleading too. When a routine hits perfectly after working on it for months, it is the best feeling in the world. (Ling and Ghadishah) (Dorning) Logos Cheerleading meets all of the requirements that define a sport, therefore it should be considered a sport. These articles are showing how cheerleading can be more dangerous than many sports. If the physical activity is that involved shouldn't it be considered a sport? Or this? ("if_cheerleading_was_easy") ("3553652") ("Is cheerleading a sport") ("jupiterforce_bowandarrow") Claim: Cheerleading is a sport based on the dictionary definition and the requirements of the Women's Sports Foundation. ("17831689025069b94c5ec73") (Jamie Christian) ("img-thing") (Renee R.) ("athletes-lift-weights") ( ) (rsmistletoe3) (Snc99) ("Cheer1")