Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Decline of Romanticism
Transcript of Decline of Romanticism
Effects of the civil war
After the civil war realism was a more widespread philosophy than romanticism. After having a bloody conflict on our own territory people were not as keen to such unrealistc ideals so the more pessimistic view of realism became much more popular.
The start of the civil war was the end of the Romanticism era. Attitudes of many Americans change with the war. The improvement of photography showed Americans the harsh realism of war.
Civil War Camp