Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of POETRY
E P I C
P O E T R Y
- Describes significant events of life either
real or imaginary.
- heroic exploits, supernatural control,
heroes and gods.
TWO KINDS of Epic
- has definite author.
Ex. THE HARVEST OF ALIGUYON
- written in verse.
- classified as ballad or romance.
- idylls, home tales, love tales, etc.
Ex. BAYANI NG BUKID (HERO OF THE FIELDS)
- single incident.
- war ballads, love ballads, and
- short and simple, easy to understand.
- expresses emotions and feelings of the poet.
- short poems intended to be sung.
- THEME : love, despair, grief, etc.
Ex. CHIT - CHIRIT - CHIT
- 14 lines.
- THEME : emotion, feeling,
Ex. SANTANG BUDS
- expresses grief or melancholy.
- THEME : death.
Ex. THE LOVER'S DEATH
- no definite number of syllables or
definite number of lines in a stanza.
- noble feeling expressed with dignity.
- containing philosophy of life.
- songs of praises to GOD.
- DODECASYLLABIC (12 syllables).
- slowly sung with guitar or banduria.
Ex. FLORANTE AND LAURA.
- OCTOSYLLABIC ( 8 syllables ).
- recited to a martial beat.
Ex. IBONG ADARNA
THE WHITE HOUSE
- a verse or verses which are written to be spoken.
- Greek term " komos "
means festivity or revelry.
- amusing, usually ended happily.
- musical plays and opera.
- related to tragedy.
- THEME : sad
- hero struggling mightily.
- defeated hero.
- ridiculous to be true.
- undignified and absurd.
- pictures life of today.
- comic / tragic.
UNIVERSITY OF MINDANAO TAGUM COLLEGE.
Arellano Street, Tagum City.
PREPARED BY JOVERT P. GALVEZO