Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Heat and Technology Timeline
Transcript of Heat and Technology Timeline
A.D. 1200 Fireplaces with chimneys are built into the walls of buildings. 1300s The Caloric Theory is created. The Caloric Theory is the theory that heat is fluid and flows from hotter bodies (objects) to colder ones. 1700s Cast-iron stoves heat rooms evenly; heat does not escape up the chimney. Late 1700s Central heating reappears- using coal. 1800s Forced-air heating. This system requires vents to transfer the heat (air distribution). 1906 Electric heaters. Electric energy is converted to heat. THE END!! http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_was_fire_created http://romantech.wikispaces.com/A+-+Hypocausts http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimney The world’s first ice-calorimeter