Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Punctuating Dialogue 1
Transcript of Copy of Punctuating Dialogue 1
Quotation marks show where speakers EXACT words begin and end.
"It is such a beautiful day,"
"Don't forget to take your lunch!"
"Did you sign your reading log?"
"I'm ready for summer
" said Kim.
Thomas shouted, "Run quick, and don't let them tag you
"Is it your birthday
" asked Kevin.
Punctuation goes inside quotation marks
t's time for a nap," said Mom.
Gordon whined, "
on't I have a few more minutes?"
id you see the other team's uniforms?" whispered Sherry.
Capitalize the first word
within the quotation marks
"I wish we were home already
" said Tim.
Karen sang out
"We will be soon
Commas separate the quotation from the words that tell who is speaking
If a ? or ! separate quote from speech tag, no comma is needed.
"Aren't you cold?" asked Eliza.
You didn't do your homework?
What did you say? Are you telling me
hat you didn't do your homework?
If the second part of the dialogue is a new sentence, capitalize it. If it is the same sentence, do not capitalize it.