Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
name: Sergio Israel Ruiz Herrera
Transcript of name: Sergio Israel Ruiz Herrera
The verb 'must' expresses a strong prohibition or obligation and some certainty: I must go. She must be crazy. In Spanish it means I must, I must.
I must - I / I of
I must go to the library.
Debo ir a la biblioteca.
You must stay here until I come back.
Debes quedarte aquí hasta que yo vuelva
We must be at the airport at three o'clock.
Debemos estar en el aeropuerto a la hora
Negative form of Must here´s what it looks like if we use Must the negative.
Must - Not - Base form of verb
Mustn't- Base form of verb
Must (subjective obligation)
We often use must to say that something is essential or necessary, for example:
I must go.
Structure of Must
Must is a modal auxiliary verb. It is followed by a main verb. The structure is:
subject + must + main verb
The main verb is the base verb (infinitive without "to").
name: Sergio Ruiz group: 3 j topic:Must
people must not drink and drive
students must not cheat on exams
1. Larry ____ go to the bank. He hasn't got any money.
2. You _____ smoke in the baby's room.
3. You ______ pay. The entrance is free.
4. I _____ hurry up if I don't want to miss the plane.
5. In the company, everybody _____ start work at 8:30.