Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Una visión sobre el éxito de Mercadona
Transcript of Una visión sobre el éxito de Mercadona
Why should we care about Mercadona?
J. Roig fells off his horse
CROSBY’S 14 STEPS TO IMPROVEMENT
1 Make it clear that management is committed to quality.
2. Form quality improvement teams with representatives from each department .
3. Determine where current and potential quality problems lie.
4. Evaluate the cost of quality and explain its use as a management tool.
5 Raise the quality awareness and personal concern of all employees.
6. Take actions to correct problems identified through previous steps
7. Establish a committee for the zero defects program.
8. Train supervisors to actively carry out their part of the quality improvement program.
9 Hold a ‘zero defects day’ to let all employees realize that there has been a change.
10. Encourage individuals to establish improvement goals for themselves and their groups.
11. Encourage employees to communicate to management the obstacles they face in attaining their improvement goals.
12. Recognize and appreciate those who participate.
13. Establish quality councils to communicate on a regular basis.
14. Do it all over again to emphasize that the quality improvement program never ends.
Supply Chain Management
José Pedro García Sabater
Strategy and HR Management
"Quien tiene un modelo tiene un tesoro"
Mercadona & Toyota Way
#1. Base your management decisions on a long-term philosophy, even at the expense of short-term financial goals.
Family-owned with a very clear leadership.
When they adopted the new model, TQM as they call it (1993), they came from bad years and enjoyed two even worse years.
Then, in 1995, they achieved better results, and since then…
#2 Create a continuous process flow to bring problems to the surface..
Cuando un cliente se queja, hay 5000 clientes insatisfechos
"Spaniards do not complain but gossip and never come back. So you loose clients and you never know why"
Mercadona brings the products to the shop directly from factories, and if there is a problem even suppliers from suppliers are affected
#3 Use “pull” systems to avoid overproduction.
This is the only principle that cannot be directly applied.
since they are not a production company.
So they cannot eliminate inventory, they have to live with it.
But Mercadona uses a pull systems (they have a daily refill system) within a FTL strategy.
No more than 2-3 days of stock at the warehouse.
#4 : Level out the workload (work like the tortoise, not the hare).
Siempre Precios Bajos. Everyday Low Price
#7. Use visual controls so no problems are hidden.
#11 Respect your extended network of partners and suppliers by challenging them and helping them improve.
#5. Build a culture of stopping to fix problems, to get quality right the first time.
#6 Standardized tasks and processes are the foundation for continuous improvement and employee engagement.
Easy to see queues
#8 Use only reliable, thoroughly tested technology that serves your people and process.
“It is all about selling more lettuces, and if the 3D barcode reader might help, then it is welcome…”
#9 Grow leaders who thoroughly understand the work, live the philosophy, and teach it to others.
All the promotions are internal.
Most of the members of the Managing Board have been previously shopkeepers.
If you have an Engineering Degree and want to do a career at Mercadona, then apply for a bakers assistant position.
You will receive formation and your learning will be assessed every year.
#10 Develop exceptional people and teams who follow your company’s philosophy
Primero dar, luego recibir y (en su caso) exigir.
#12 Go and see for yourself to thoroughly understand the situation.
Antes del estallido de la crisis financiera, el dueño del imperio de la distribución visitaba cada mes unas 40 de tiendas y cerca de una docena de la red comercial de las empresas competidoras (Pau Morata)… and suppliers.
#13: Make decisions slowly by consensus, thoroughly considering all options; implement decisions rapidly.
Perhaps by consensus is not the best word ;-)
Anycase, think slow and act quickly.
#14: Become a learning organization through relentless reflection and continuous improvement..
"Muchos cambios los hacemos a contracorriente, demasiado bruscos y a veces lo explicamos bastante mal"
"Si ves una vaca en medio de la carretera, o pegas un volantazo o te estrellas contra la vaca"
“Vamos a hacer las ruedas cuadradas, vamos a vender productos frescos como si fueran secos”.