Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Medical applications of physics
Transcript of Medical applications of physics
name the different medical uses of
what is the equation for calculating speed?
If a dog travels at 10m/s for 2 mins, how far does it travel?
Image by goodtextures: http://fav.me/d2he3r8
Uses of X-rays
a)Electronic systems can be used to produce
ultrasound waves, which have a frequency higher
than the upper limit of hearing for humans.
b) Ultrasound waves are partially reflected when they
meet a boundary between two different media.
The time taken for the reflections to reach a detector
can be used to determine how far away sucha boundary is
c) Calculation of the distance between interfaces
in various media.
s = v X t
d) Ultrasound waves can be used in medicine.
Candidates should know that the range of human hearing is about 20 Hz to 20000 Hz.
Candidates may be required to use data from diagrams of oscilloscope traces.
s is distance in metres, m
v is speed in metres per second, m/s
t is time in seconds, s
Examples include pre-natal scanning and the removal
of kidney stones.