Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
On December 26, 2004 a scraping reached a breaking point ne
Transcript of On December 26, 2004 a scraping reached a breaking point ne
The 2004 tsunami revealed that the Indian Ocean was in desperate need of a Tsunami Warning System, much like the one shown below.
A tsunami is a series of ocean waves caused by under water earthquakes, landslides, or volcanic eruptions.
More rarely, a tsunami can be generated by a giant meteor impact with the ocean.
More than 1,500 people died in Rikuzentakata, one of several towns eradicated by a tsunami that hit Japan.
Tsunamis and Earthquakes