Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of PCN
- Professor Carol Ojeda-Kimbrough UCLA Samahang St. Louis World Fair "the 1904 World's fair held in St. Louis [was] under the guidance of the University of the Philippine's dean of the college of music, Dr. Jorge Bocobo, ethnographic research was undertaken to complile information on all the native dances of the Philippines by those attending Philippine Women's University and folks like Francisca Reyes Aquino, who published the series 'Philippine Folk Dances'" (Mercurio, Philip Dominguez and Quesada, Ron, 2005). ASAM 362A Final Project
Kimberly Alonso, Selyna Arciaga, Lex Banzon, Joy Gordo, Bernadette Meneses skit Dr. Jorge Bocobo Francisca Reyes Aquino Suites
music Identity "What made you want to be
apart of the PCN experience?" "What did you learn through
being involved in PCN?" "What were the challenges you
faced during your involvement in PCN?" "What did you like most about PCN?" PCN means to me... The most important part of PCN... Origin
Impact Filipino - Filipino Filipino - American Mission/Purpose
“To those of you who haven’t
been to the Philippines we bring you to our homeland to those of you who have, we bring you home.” And the tradition of PCN begins... 1994 UCLA Samahang PCN
"Ang Nawalang Kayamanan"
(“The Lost Treasure”)
2009 Cal Poly Pomona Barkada
"Ikaw Pa Rin"
2009 CSUF PASA Kaibigan
"Love How You Do"
2010 CSUF PASA Kaibigan
""Hero" CSUF PASA's PCN
Saturday, April 9 2011
La Mirada Theatre
SFSU PACE UC Berkeley PAA ? "...that intensely barbaric and primitive conglomeration of jarring and nerve shattering sounds known as jazz... which has created in the islands a kind of hallucination.
"An elevating sense of the beautiful is disappearing."
- Jorge G. Bacobo suites costumes music Discussion Questions Who has never been or heard of a PCN? What are your thoughts from this presentation? Who has watched PCN? What was your experience? Who has been involved in a PCN?
What was your experience? 1. Student-run
2. revolves around
pilipino american culture The PCN
Experience dances Stage @ La Mirada Theatre Infinite PASAbilities Dance Team Theta Delta Beta
Steppng @ PCN pre-show Pilipino Culture Night