Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of NET-A-PORTER
Natalie Massenet was born in 1966
and is the only child of a Californian
and british Chanel model
She began her career at "women's
Wear Daily" in LA
Natalie then met her husband Arnaud
and the couple now have two daughters.
It was at the age of 33 when
she was Isabella Blow's assistant at
Tatler, that she came up with the idea
for a luxury fashion e-tail site.
It all started in 1999 Natalie was shopping online to buy a pair of Chloé designer jeans she had seen in a fashion magazine. She couldn’t find anywhere that stocked them. She remembers her confusion:
“I blindly assumed [the retailer] existed because of how brilliantly companies like Amazon were revolutionizing service.”
Her husband Arnaud helped to raise £1.2 million in start-up
investments. With initial backers including friends Anya Hindmarch and Jimmy Choo founder Tamara Mellon.
Natalie and her team of 15 were based in a Chelsea flat,
where the bedrooms were full of stock and the bath was full of Net-A-Porter's famously luxurious boxes.