Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of INTERMEDIATE FIVE
What's a story you have ever read or been told and really liked? Why did you like it?
* When you watch a movie, what makes it interesting?
* What's something necessary that movie must have to get your attention?
* WHAT IS A BOOTH?
* It is a small and usually temporary building where things are sold or displayed or services are provided
* What do you think the expressions
"kill the story"
"change the story"
SIMPLE PAST & PRESENT PERFECT
* Talks about a specific event in the past that will no longer continue.
to Paris three years ago.
French food when I visited that country.
* Expresses that something continues in the present if you use FOR & SINCE.
in this beautiful city
* Talks about an even that happened in a non-specific time in the past.
to the jungle and eaten suri.
Have you ever eaten
* Talks about a repeated action or the number of times it has happened.
that stupid movie twice.
my weekend watching silly movies like that one!
* If you use YET, it expresses that something has not happened before.
* I don't believe in ghosts because I
Do you like scary Stories or horror movies? why?
* Do you believe in ghosts? why?
* When you were a child did you hear any of these fairy tales?
* Sleeping Beauty
* Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
* Hansel and Gretel
* The Ugly Duckling
* Jack and the Beanstalk
* Little Red Riding Hood
* The Three Little Pigs
* The Frog Prince
* The Gingerbread Man
* Which one was your favorite?
*Can you retell the story?
A stormy night
A monkey's paw
A magic charm
Time expressions and Phrases
* First of all,
* At the beginning,
* One day
* Two months later,
* After some days,
* All of a sudden,
* In the end,
Many people use instant messages to communicate instantly over the Internet.
* What are some advantages or disadvantages of sending IM's?
Could you survive a week without your cellphone? Why?
* Think about a time you had a problem with technology. How did you feel? What did you do?
WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU REALLY LIKE TO DO?
WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU HATE TO DO?
Do you like shopping?
What do you like
What do you hate shopping for?
* Have you ever gone to a place where they sold unusual items?
Have you ever seen someone selling something not very common?
* Have you ever had a problem when you went shopping? What happened? What did you do?
Would you consider yourself a person who depends a lot on technology? Why?
Radio Frequency Identification Chips for people embedded under their skin.
Which adjectives would you use to describe a perfect friend?
* argumentative * quarrelsome
* crazy, nuts
* What are some characteristics that make someone a good employee?
Choose some of the characters below and in pairs make up a short story. Give them a name and an interesting participation describing their personality, qualities and imperfections.
How would you describe yourself?
They express why, when, and how something happened.
Reason & Purpose
* So that
* Even though
Complete in pairs:
* I love my girlfriend / boyfriend
* I admire my teacher
* My best friend always repeats
* I try to be nice
* I don't go on dates
* I hate cats...
* Today I didn't take a shower...
* My teacher is sexy...
* I don't do my homework...
Today morning you bought a lottery ticket and put it in your pocket. In the afternoon you bought a newspaper and remembered about the ticket. When you checked, you found out you won!
YOU ARE A MILLIONAIRE NOW!
What are the first things you will do now?
WELCOME TO UPPER INTERMEDIATE!
From now on, In these courses, you will have to produce even
When discussing, don't forget to
BECAUSE YOU WILL REPORT
Question: Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the US on a world map. Why do you think this is?
THIS IS HOW YOU ARE
SUPPOSED TO ANSWER
WHAT THE... !
BEFORE YOU ANSWER
Remember that from now on,
. Production, intonation, correct pronunciation, and supporting and complete ideas are necessary to get
a good grade
absent or late all the time
, don't expect to pass.
WHAT IS A
Have you ever told a white lie?