Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
05.05 Acids and Bases
Transcript of 05.05 Acids and Bases
- PH < 7
- PH > 7
Examples Around Me
- Orange Juice
- Dish washing Liquid
- Hand Soap
- Increases concentration of Hydrogen ions.
- Hydrogen gas is formed when it is in contact with a metal
- Salt and Water are formed when added to a Base
- Increases concentration of Hydroxide ions.
- Cannot react with metals
- Conduct electricity
- Turns blue litmus paper red
- Stays red when red litmus paper is used
- Bitter taste
- Strong bases conduct electricity
- Turns red litmus paper blue
- Stays blue when blue litmus paper is used
"O Level Chemistry - Physical & Chemical Properties of ACIDs." SimpleChemConcepts. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 June 2014.
"Visionlearning.com." Visionlearning. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2014.
"Acid/Base Basics." - Chemwiki. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 June 2014.
- Reacts with metals
- PH less than 7
- PH greater than 7