Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Food Chains and Food Webs
Transcript of Food Chains and Food Webs
Niche: the combination of where an organism lives, how it obtains its food, and how it interacts with with other organisms.
The Roles Organisms Play:
1) Producers: Organisms that make their own food from non-living materials.
2) Consumers: Organisms that get their food by consuming other organisms.
Three types of consumers:
3) Detrivores: Organisms that get their food from large bits of dead and decaying plant and animal matter.
5) Decomposers: Organisms that get their food energy by breaking down the final remains of living things
Food Chain: A model that shows how food energy passes from one organism to another.
Food Web: A model that shows several different food chains, and the connections between them.