Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Lesson 8- Phases of Learning
Transcript of Lesson 8- Phases of Learning
Fitts and Posners
3 phases of learning
Primarily about gaining information about the skill model.
Stage is normally longer than cognitive.
continues but less rapid.
High levels of
accuracy & performed
Progress results from
attention to fine details.
Performer analysing own
performer & adjust own
Performer can pay
attention to increasingly
complex tactical &
Little/no practice occurs except towards the end of the stage.
Organising the cognitive process to produce movement.
Begin to demonstrate characteristics of skill.
Skilled actions get smoother, more accurate, better timed & more efficient.
A stage of rapid improvement.
Makes fewer mistakes.
Performer gradually gets more successful.
Skill improvement from
practice & self motivation.
to the performance of the
Less conscious attention
your knowledge to a past exam paper question.
phase of learning.