Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Sequence of Events
Transcript of Sequence of Events
Why is is it important to Learn?
Sequence of Events in the Content Areas
Signal Words and Phrases
Sequence is the organization of events in a fiction or nonfiction text.
Identifiying the sequence within a text helps people understand time-order relationships, or how events fit together
Identifying sequence of events also helps a reader summarize text, identify causes and effects, and draw conclusions.
Identifying the sequence of events improves overall comprehension!!
STUDYING SEQUENCE OF EVENTS
Reading & Language Arts
first, second, third,
then, before, after
last, since, next
now, finally, prior
yesterday, last year,
today, in the future
1. Skim the passage and circle all signal words to help us identify sequence.
2. Look at the questions and circle the signal words.
3. Read the story.
4. Answer the questions and PROVE your answers by underlining in the story.
5. Label your proof by labeling which question you are proving!