Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
P1, P2, M1,M2 Understand how the Key Persons approach suppo
Transcript of P1, P2, M1,M2 Understand how the Key Persons approach suppo
Practice interview questions:
a) Define the term ‘key person’.
b) Discuss the role of a ‘key person’ in an early years setting, including how the key person approach supports effective attachments. You should also refer to relevant attachment theorists, work with parents as partners, and give examples from practice, including using the statutory framework requirements, e.g. EYFS.
c) Explain how a ‘key person’ meets the personal, emotional and social development needs of a child in an early years setting. Make sure you cover all ages 0-8 years.
You will be undertaking the mock interview next week with me as your interviewer.
You will be videotaped and a Witnessed Professional Discussion will be undertaken of your knowledge and understanding of the key person approach.
Understand how the key person approach supports effective attachments
P1, P2, M1,M2 Understand how the Key Persons approach supports effective attachments
- Explain how the key person approach supports effective attachments
- Explain the role of the key person in early years settings in meeting children's personal, emotional and social development needs
- Discuss the influence of attachment theory on the key person approach in early years settings
You have applied for a full-time Level 3 post at a Sure Start children’s centre. You want to prepare yourself well for any questions you might be asked in your interview about the role of the early years professional in supporting children’s personal, social and emotional development. Your interview pack states that part of the interview will focus on your knowledge and understanding of the key person approach and how a key person can support a child through transitions. The person specification asks for understanding of ways to promote positive behaviour.
Learners presentations- theories of attachment
You have 10 minutes to present your presentations
You have 5 minutes to facilitate a question and answer session
Previous lesson notes
Own experiences/placement observations and knowledge
Make reference to how the key person approach is applied in different settings ( child minders)
Make reference to how the key person approach meets the needs of children across the age ranges 0-8 years
Make neat detailed preparation notes of how you will respond to the questions as you will need to also submit these as part of your assignment.
Treat it like a real job interview