We're looking for an experienced Product Designer or Manager to lead our Design System effort to help us shape Prezi’s exciting future by redefining the way ideas are developed, presented, and shared. We believe that all good things start when people share ideas. Prezi is redefining what the experience of building and sharing ideas should be today.
Prezi is a constantly evolving product that will never be "done" because we know we can always make it better. Every day, millions of people share ideas with Prezi - improving their experience and making Prezi more accessible are the two goals that drive everything we do.
Based in Germany, Hungary or Latvia (we have offices in Berlin, Budapest and Riga, but we are a virtual first company, so you can work remotely from these countries), you’ll report to the VP of Product Design, Jeremy Eccles
Being a Design System Manager at Prezi includes:
- Form strong partnerships with product managers and engineering teams to facilitate and drive adoption and implementation of the Design System.
- Maintain communication, processes, and tools for UX Design and Engineering teams to properly utilise the Design System.
- Review in-flight work by Product Designers for Design System compliance.
- Partner closely with UX Design leadership and the rest of the UX Design organisation to create and implement a Design System that drives consistency and efficiency.
- Manage stakeholders, develop feedback channels with them, and work with UX Design leadership to properly incorporate their feedback into the design system.
- A keen understanding of usability, interaction design, visual design, touch interfaces, and front-end development.
- Fluent in design for applications that are browser-based, responsive mobile (phone and tablet), native mobile (phone and tablet), and native desktop.
- Experience refining design aesthetics and interpreting the vision of company leadership into a usable Design System.
- Ability to confidently communicate clear design direction.
- Continue to iterate, maintain, and refine the Design System to stay up to date with modern design patterns, critically analyze components, incorporate stakeholder feedback, validate with UX Research, and meet the growing needs of the company.
- Be the reference and source of truth for our component libraries. Instruct your teammates in how to best use the components you’ve built.
- Strong UX and visual design sense, with an eye for simple, intuitive interfaces.
- Understanding of major design systems and design languages such as Material Design, the Apple Human Interface Guidelines (HIG), and Microsoft’s new Fluent design system.
- Systems thinking: lead our team in the critical challenge of applying decisions holistically, making sure to look at new patterns in the context of the larger system of the product, as well as ensuring we support experiences for individual features.
- have 3+ years of interaction design experience (previous web-based/mobile/multi-platform work is a plus)
- have experience with developing, implementing and evolving design systems for easy to use, mass market consumer grade products as a product designer
- can quickly and collaboratively prototype several solutions that focus on specific problems we would like to solve for our customers
- have a passion to create beautiful, powerful, and appropriate interfaces
- strive in an agile, fast-paced environment, adapting to changing priorities in a flexible manner
- communicate design effectively (you can articulate where we’re going wrong and what we can do to fix it)
- have a constructive attitude and process feedback easily
- have great user empathy and a business mindset
- have excellent stakeholder management skills
..then we would love to talk to you!
Bonus if you
- have experience using Prezi
- have a passion for visual communication
- enjoy highly collaborative environments
The best part:
Join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team, and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply with your CV and up to date portfolio.