We are currently growing our analytics team and are recruiting for a Lead Data Analyst in our San Francisco office. Do you have a passion for working with web, product, and user behavioral data to help define strategy, guide operations, and KPIs, and impact? You will have a direct impact on how we build experiences and products that empower our users to be the best communicators in the world.
We are looking for an experienced individual that can join our team to 1) help our marketing business partners be world class in using data, and 2) who loves working across the data analytics process of building pipelines, managing data sets, developing impactful analyses and models, and improving business operations and strategy.
- Conduct end-to-end analyses from the conception (requirements specification, data processing), all the way to the end result and presentation.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, engineers, designers, and user researchers.
- A key partner to our executive leadership to measure and analyze our progress towards our company key objectives. Ability to articulate this into actionable insights and suggest execution strategies to support this.
- Create the necessary dashboards and reports for your clients, and provide insights into emerging patterns and trends. Work at a fast pace with large datasets.
- Understand our business deeply, understand the impact of our product flows, audiences, and pathways
- Proactively discover hidden relationships within data, solve difficult analytical problems.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations that will help drive every decision we make.
- Foster a healthy data culture and enable self-service data throughout the company.
- Manage and mentor junior and mid-level analyst to complete complex tasks across marketing and Other key customer areas.
- 6+ years of experience in data/business analytics with large datasets (Internet, banking, SAAS, marketing, retail)
- 4+ years working with Redshift, and or other data warehouse platforms
- 3+ years working in marketing, and/or knowledge of marketing metrics
- Familiarity with comprehensive statistical analyses:
- Statistical methodology: eg. A/B testing, clustering
- Predictive modeling: eg. decision trees, regressions
- Know at least one statistical software: preferably R or Python
- Proficiency in data transformation: SQL and Python or any other scripting language
- Familiar with Google Analytics
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating and maintaining ETL pipelines, job schedulers is an advantage
- 2+ years managing or mentoring a jr. analyst setting workloads and managing progress to tasks is a plus
- Knowledge of freemium subscription models and B2C (business to consumer) audiences is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics or related areas
- Ability to connect complex business goals with real-time customer information and user interactions.
- Wants to be part of a global team, willing to travel to Budapest, Hungary on occasion
We work with these technologies
- SQL, Spark, Hive, Python, R, Chartio, Bash, Git, Kafka
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, EMR, Redshift