Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Inflating Balloon Experiment
Transcript of The Inflating Balloon Experiment
baking soda the the balloon will inflate faster.
Our independent variable is baking soda which we
are changing the amount.
Our dependent variable is how fast the balloon inflates.
Our constants variable is same amount of vinegar, same bottle, same measuring cup, and same brand of baking
soda. Chart Procedures 1. Get materials ready.
2. Poor baking soda into bottle. (100ml=1st trial,
200ml=2nd trial, 300ml=3rd trial
3. Poor vinegar into balloon.
4. Put balloon on bottle.
5. Get stopwatch, and phone ready
6. Poor vinegar into bottle.
7. Take pictures.
8. Stop stopwatch.
9. Write down trial.
10. Do next trial. Data Analysis Paragraph The data showed that when more baking soda is added,it takes longer for the balloon to inflate except for trial 2.We learned that it takes longer when more baking soda is added. We could use a filler so all the baking soda can be in the bottle and not spilling over the bottle and on the ground. The data doesn't support the hypothesis that stated as more baking soda is added then the balloon will inflate faster because as we added more baking soda, it took longer for it to inflate the balloon except for trial 2 which took only 5.21 and 10.1
seconds. Data Table Conclusion Paragraph When we added had 100ml in the bottle, the results were
9 to 10 seconds, 200ml was 5 to 10, and 300ml was 23 to 25
and a possible reason for trial 2 which was 200ml was that
the baking soda was covering the sides and the vinegar could
have gotten on that then it probably fizz on the sides then the
baking soda on the bottom. So as we add more baking soda, it
took longer for it to fizz and inflate the balloon. The End