Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of INTERMEDIATE TWO
Put these sentences in order...
Would you get a tattoo? Why?/ Why not?
Mention 3 reasons why people
to that song.
To emphasize that you have
everything for the party?
her driver license?
in questions to indicate
To emphasize that the action is to the present.
To know if the action was completed or not.
To emphasize that the action is
my ears pierced.
for actions that happened
At no time in the past.
to Machu Picchu?
At any time in the past up to now
1. can't / get / I / him / over.
2. I / never / have / on / my / boyfriend / cheated.
3. wants / out / She / to / ask / you.
4. her / last / called / I / back / night.
5. you / Can /on / the / radio / turn?
6. need / work/ They / out / to.
7. broke /My / down / TV / again.
1. I can't
2. I've never
3. She wants to
5. Can you
6. They need to
7. My TV
How can you describe these behaviors?
Bringing a small gift to the birthday person.
Arriving 10 minutes late to the party.
Giving a dinner guest the best seat at the table
Chewing gum or your food loudly.
What do these prefixes have in common?
It's gross to chew gum with your mouth open.
It's mandatory to speak English in class.
It's unpleasant to be ignored.
It's kind to share your things.
It's dishonest to lie to people.
It's inappropriate to use your phone in class.
in the past
we focus on the...
...object or subject of the sentence
How do we form the
Identify the object and make passive sentences.
1. We / take / a photo of Machu Picchu. (S. Past)
2. That company / produce / electronic devices. (S. Present)
3. She / not / ship / cell phones. (S. Present)
4. I / not / write /books. (S. Past)
A photo of Machu Picchu
(by that company).
Ask this questions in pairs or groups of three:
*Do you like love stories or romantic movies?
*Have you ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend and
with him or her?
*What is the kind of boyfriend or girlfriend people usually look for?
How would you describe each one of these people?
Do you think their physical appearance could reflect their personality? Why?
DO YOU THINK THE WAY YOU DRESS REFLECTS
* How do you look everyday? What do you wear? Do you have a particular style?
* Would you like to get your lips or ears pierced? Would you like to get a tattoo?
What are some good tips to get the
Write a story that involves these
Make sure you use at least
from this list:
(What do you think about?)
Ask your partner(s) some of these questions randomly to get their opinions and then express your opinions, too. Don't forget to use the expressions from page 52 if you disagree.
1) Do you thing getting a tattoo is a good idea?
2)What do you think about breaking up with someone by email?
3)Would you like to pierce your nose?
4)What do you think about cheating on your boyfriend or girlfriend?
5) Would you shave your head for any reason?
6)What do you think about asking out someone older?
7) What do you think about not calling someone back after a date?
8) Would you dye your hair green?
9) Is it okay for men to wear make-up?
10) What do you think about blind dates?
Use phrasal verbs when possible
What is something that you hate people do?
What is a rule that you never follow?
What is a strange custom of yours?
What do you think the expression
Mind your manners
WRITE ABOUT SOME CUSTOMS OR HABITS IN YOUR COUNTRY (OR CITY).
PRESENT time clauses
and structures with
gerund as a noun
It's + adjective + infinite
Hello. My name is Blas, and I'm from Peru. In my country, there are customs and traditions that can be positive and negative too.
For example, it is normal for many people not to get on the bus or combi at the bus stations. They take them wherever they want. That is something negative. Also, when people see the red light, they don't respect it and cross the roads.
Drinking Inca Kola is common here...
Your Japanese friend, Aiko, is coming to visit you next month and she doesn't know anything about the customs in Peru.
You have to phone your friend to prepare her for the visit.
to a restaurant during a romantic date.
street foods is
1) My mom made a delicious cake yesterday.
2) Engineers work really hard these days.
3) Pedro and Juan built a nice house for the dog.
4) Jose Luis wrote a letter for his girlfriend.
5) Peru exports tomatoes.
6) My dog barks all night.
7) Lady Gaga sings Poker Face in many concerts.
8) Tourists visit Machu Picchu every year.
-Turn these active sentences into passive sentences if it is possible:
What city do you think this is?
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS CITY?
WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ITS COUNTRY?
THE PASSIVE VOICE
Wild penguins attacked my sister.
My sister was attacked
New subject ( ex object)
The passive voice focuses on the object (or the action) rather than the subject.
before / after / when / as soon as / once
In Peru, people
as soon as
all my chores.
is going to travel
Call my friends up.
Charge my cell phone.
Take a shower.
Put on nice clothes and perfume.
Meet my friends at the club.
Get some drinks.
Dance and have fun.
* Write sentences using
FUTURE TIME CLAUSES
AS SOON AS
BEFORE I CHARGE MY CELL PHONE, I WILL EAT DINNER.
WHAT TRADITIONS, CUSTOMS, or HABITS DO WE PERUVIANS HAVE?
* Write sentences using
PRESENT TIME CLAUSES
AS SOON AS
When there is a lot of traffic, drivers frequently honk the horn.
People usually buy soccer shirts before they go to the stadiums.
As soon as somebody tells a joke, Peruvians laugh and clap at the same time.