Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transformation between E and B fields
Transcript of Transformation between E and B fields
Electric and Magnetic fields
Ryan the runner holds a charge at rest relative to him, but moves with speed v.
Sally the sitter sees the charge, but it is moving in her reference frame.
Ryan only sees
an electric field
Sally sees both electric
If Ryan runs through a region of magnetic and electric field. He only predicts a force from the electric field.
Sally sees both an electric and magnetic force.
Who then is right?
Physicists in a stationary lab create an electric field of ,
where B = 0. What are the fields in the reference frame of a rocket moving in the x direction with a speed of