Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of A STORM OF PERSECUTION
Transcript of Copy of A STORM OF PERSECUTION
A STORM OF PERSECUTION
Writ of Eviction
The terrible news
Our parents were ordered to get out of our home. They were that this action was required by the order of dispossession and ejectment against them.”
following basic principals:
1. For the tenants now to be allowed to return to their land
2. For all the titles to be examined by three atty. to be named by agreement by both side.
3.For the tenants to be permitted to stay on their land until the case is settled
4.That if the case went to friars, there should be just conditions for leasing the land
5. There should be no peyment of rentals until the case is settled
The Continuing Trials
“ There is much wickedness, much mischief, in the ranks of our enemies. I realize that we must regard them, not as lions, but as reptiles. So we must arm ourselves and put on our gloves before we touch them. There are many reptiles.”
The Turkey Controversy
The fight of the people of Calamba against the Dominican hacienda was not a fight against the Church or religion.
The Dominicans were oppressive landlords at this period & place.
Their conduct toward the tenants was treason to their Church and to their Christian professions.
The Effects of the Noli: Trials and Persecutions of Rizal’s Family
From the Philippines came news that Noli Me Tangere was reaching farther and farther every month.
May 23, 1889 - Lucia’s husband, Mariano Herbosa, died of cholera.
1. To complete the process of dispossession
2. Afterwards to make a judicial decision about the property.
Fill in the blank:
1. From the Philippines came news that ________ was reaching farther and farther every month.
2. _______ was hailed before the court and ordered to abondon the house she had been building since her husband's death.
3. From _______ came the terrible news.
4. Paciano, Antonio, DAndoy, Silvestre, and ________ to the road banishment to Mindoro at four- thirty this afternoon.
5. From _______ himself came a heartbreaking letter.
1. Noli Me Tangere
5. Felipe Buencamino
THANK YOU :-)
Honey Joyce D. Palma