Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Modernization theory, geopolitics of the failures of modernization
Transcript of Modernization theory, geopolitics of the failures of modernization
Second 5-year plan failed due to bad rates of exchange
(cc) image by nuonsolarteam on Flickr
1951 - 1961
Geopolitical background and the failures of Modernization Theory
India's two 5-y plans
Lack of good governance
'One size fits all' model
Effective government (authority, power, economics)
Accepted by international community
Inefficient government and military
Primary exports; low on the value chain
Acceptance from the international community
Another free, developed country
Feed discourse outcomes to underdeveloped countries
(in a nutshell)