Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Persuasive Essay
What are Persuasive Techniques?
- Different ways that convince your audience of your argument
work AGAINST your argument
Example of a Counter Argument
Your topic: Why the US should not have the death penalty.
COUNTER ARGUMENT: It is an important part of the justice system in America. Certain crimes deserve to be punished with death. This views seems convincing at first, but research has shown...
-Three different types of appeals (way to attract the audience's attention).
- Think of these things as your ingredients.
Facts used to manipulate how you feel
EX: "If you don't use our hair products, your hair will thin, you'll lose your hair, and nobody will want to be your friend."
QUIZ, QUIZ, TRADE!
The Why: shows your audience that you know all sides. It’s easier to respond to—and it’s
easier for your reader to follow you.
-The logos qualities of an essay refer to how strong the logic or reasoning is.
Ex: Research compiled by analysts from NASA, suggests that a moon colony is viable with international support.
An argument that depends on the respect,authority, credibility,
character, and expertise of the speaker.
Ex: 4/5 dentists approve this toothbrush...
Pathos- EMOTION & PASSION
An argument that appeals to the emotions, sympathy, and intense feelings of the audience.
Ex: "If we don’t move soon, we’re all going to die! Can’t you see how dangerous it would be to stay?