Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Psychology for Sports Performance
Transcript of Psychology for Sports Performance
3. Task Difficulty
4. Luck Categories can be classified as internal (inside and individual), external (outside and individual), stable (not subject to change), or unstable (continually changing) Losers tend to give external attributions and distance themselves from their failures "The team we played against were too good", "The referee was against us". The attributions can be used to protect someone's 'ego'. Winners give internal attributions to make themselves feel even better, "I gave it everything today, and deserved to get the result" Strategies to improve performance 'Creating the right motivational climate' 1. Behaviour of the leader (coach) 2. The environment 3. The influence of other people in the environment Personality Tendencies Aggressive Selfish Unstable Arrogant Insecure Selfish Motivation 'Motive - a desire to fulfil a need' Cox, 2007 Intrinsic = pleasure & satisfaction Extrinsic = valued outcome (money, trophies etc.)