Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Real Number System
Transcript of The Real Number System
a.k.a Counting Numbers
Natural (Counting) Numbers
Includes 3 other subsets PLUS all repeating & terminating decimals and fractions and their opposites. ex. -0.325, 0.1, 2/3, 0.8, -5/2...
Includes all whole numbers and their opposites. (Both positive and negative numbers.)
ex. ...-3, -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, 3...
Includes all natural numbers PLUS zero. ex. 0, 1, 2, 3...
These can be shown using objects. ex. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
These numbers are represented by non-repeating, non-terminating decimals and their opposites.
Numbers can be classified into specific groups and sub-groups.
Here are two ways to organize and view those groups.
The Venn Diagram
Incuding specific descriptions and examples.
Only for the real numbers today of course,
those imaginary numbers are for your future.