Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
To What Extent has Politics Influenced Music at Key Points in World History?
Transcript of To What Extent has Politics Influenced Music at Key Points in World History?
Music and politics have been very closely linked throughout this aspect of history. Music and Propaganda - WWI "Patriotic songs have boosted our morale in times of crisis, strengthened our resolve in eras of uncertainty and rekindled pride in who we are, and what we represent, as a great nation." (von Rhein, 2010) Conclusion: Music as political propaganda is very successful Music in Nazi Germany American music propaganda British music propaganda German political music was intended to "arouse patriotic and nationalistic feeling through the depiction of German heroes from the past" (Whitfield, 2009) Music as opposition: The Swing Youth Movement Conclusion: A clear and strong link Modern Day Music X Factor
I-pods - Film Music
- Social networking Protest songs against anti-same sex marriage laws in America, and President Bush sending troops into Afghanistan Conclusion: Little link between music and politics Conclusion Past: Music and politics have been inherently linked
Present: The link is tenuous, but not gone completely
Future: It is likely that the relationship of music and politics will thrive as it once did Rachael Evans
Candidate Number: 6174
Centre Number: 36497
EPQ Presentation To what extent has politics influenced music at key points in world history? Commissioned in 1942 - redoubled Soviet patriotism George & Felix Powell, 1915 George Cohan, 1917 Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries