Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
U.S. environmental laws
Transcript of U.S. environmental laws
Clean Water Act (1972):
Establishes and maintains goals and standards for U.S. water quality and purity.
Clean Air Act (1970):
Sets goals and standards for the quality and purity of air in the United States.
Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act (1977):
Is intended to ensure that coal mining activity is conducted with sufficient protections of the public and the environment, and provides for the restoration of abandoned mining areas to beneficial use.
Safe Drinking Water Act (1974):
Establishes drinking water standards for tap water safety, and requires rules for groundwater protection from underground injection
The U.S. has about 20 different laws created to help the enviroment.